How it Works?
Consumer Choice Award has developed a selection process with the sole purpose of providing consumers with the most sophisticated consumer-driven selection process results available today.
Each step of our Four-Step Process helps us to precisely determine and rank companies that are worthy of your hard earned money. They include multiple sources of research data and complex evaluation processes that enable Consumer Choice Award to understand how well companies meet the needs and satisfy the expectations of consumers like you.
To get you the highest quality results, we rely on a robust methodology and over 28 years of experience of gathering consumer and company data from a multitude of categories across Canada. Our total database of information grows annually as we continue to gather the opinions of both the consumer and business community with new improving sources of data.
Find below an overview of our Four-Step Selection Process that has been designed to provide consumers with results they can trust.
Step 1: DETERMING CATEGORIES
We begin by identifying the business categories that matter most to you today. Our goal is to provide standardized categories across all markets but we also attempt to capture categories that are unique to a certain Market where appropriate.
Company names per categories are chosen through a combination of consumer and business input combined with hard data gleaned from databases such as Dunn & Bradstreet and Statistics Canada.
FIND BELOW THE CRITERIA USED TO SELECT THE CATEGORIES THAT MATTER TO YOU:
- How often people use the service?
- How important or “considered” is this purchase?
- How much potential risk is there in making a bad purchase?
- How often do consumers research their purchase in the category?
- How much does the service cost per transaction and over normal life cycle?
Step 2: POPULATING CATEGORIES
Our Methodology combines the opinions of thousands of consumers and businesses’ overtime through scientific survey methods of world-renowned market survey companies such as Gallop and Survey Sampling International (SSI).
Additionally, company names are identifies through a combination of consumer and business input combined with hard data gleaned from databases such as Dunn & Bradstreet and industry directories.
The number of sources and amount of information available today are time consuming and can be mind-boggling for the individual consumer. To help you take advantage of it without getting dragged into the weeds, Consumer Choice Award employs a systematic methodology to analyze:
- Market Surveys
- Industry Directories
- Online Databases
- Online Nominations
- Industry Records
This is also the step in which companies nominated from either consumers or business owners are included in the survey. Previous award-winners are also automatically included in the survey.
Step 3: SELECTING RELEVANT COMPANIES
We research and compile all available online information to eliminate unworthy candidates and ensure the remaining companies have a history of positive customer reviews and customer satisfaction. As part of this process we use the following online technology:
- WebReview analyze reviews from Google+, Houzz, Homestar, YELP, Trip Advisor, Bing, and other pertinent sources
- WebRating analyze posts, ratings, and recommendations and information from BBB Rating, Facebook, Houzz, Homestar, Social Media, Legal filings, and other pertinent sources
Step 4: NOMINATING AWARD-WINNERS
Once we have a refined list of companies for a given category and location, we evaluate and integrate two key sources of market insights into our selection process. This allows us to confidently rank all companies and award them the status of Top-Ranked Service Provider. Those key sources are:
- SSI New Market Research Survey - This survey gives insight into consumers and business owners’ opinions and ratings of the businesses being ranked.
- Consumer Choice Award Market Pulse Surveys - This provides additional consumer insights directly to us through our own web and online surveys. This strengthens and expands the information gathered from our formal survey results.
Integrating these two key sources allows us to confidently finalize the ranking of the nominated businesses and conclude the winner of each category and all markets.
By combining these four steps into a single selection process, we employ a comprehensive process to ensure we select companies worthy of our Seal of Excellence - worthy to be declared the Top-Ranked company in their respective industry and location.
Companies worthy of your business!